1935 first edition, Mint condition Tibetan Yoga and SECRET DOCTRINES, Evans-Wentz
Nice bookplates of Prof. Antony Charles Thomas. Translated mostly by Kazi Dawa-Samdup. A collection of interesting texts, i.a. about Tumo - how to produce body warmth by way of meditation; Chöd, meditation on dying; and Phowa, transmission of consciousness. Much which is not discussed at this length in modern Buddhist literature. 1935 first edition, in very good, mint condition.
- Aut : Evans Wentz.
- Binding / Reliure : Publisher's cloth, gilt. / cartonné toile 22,5 x15 cm .
- Pages : 389 .
- Editor : Oxford University Press, London: Humphrey Milford.
- Edition : 1935 , First edition, 1ère ed., English / Anglais .Top edge gilt (only the first editions of Evans Wentz` books had this), tipped in errata slip (as published)
- Condition / Etat : MINT,almost like new very good, clean / tres bon, presque comme neuf, propre .
- Isbn :
- veuillez jeter un coup d'oeil à notre collection de livres Anglais
librairie Abelard a Montolieu
- please have a look at our collection of English books
in our online bookshop Abelard in Montolieu
Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz (February 2, 1878 – July 17, 1965) was an American anthropologist and writer who was a pioneer in the study of Tibetan Buddhism, and in transmission of Tibetan Buddhism to the Western world, most known for publishing an early English translation of The Tibetan Book of the Dead in 1927. Today, Evans-Wentz is best known for four texts translated from the Tibetan: The Tibetan Book of the Dead (1927), Tibet's Great Yogi Milarepa (1928), Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines(1935), and The Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation (1954).
Schreiben Sie eine Bewertung